Hello everyone! Welcome to the MSCL website. Yes, I know a lot has happened since our last announcement and we've got a ton to discuss. Let's get caught up with the highlights.
A NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM
After the departure of our old management team, the MSCL now has an entirely new management team and Director. Here's a quick overview of our new team, our Director, and a few messages from them:
Prium, MSCL Director (Prium#1253)
- Hi I'm Prium and I'm the MSCL Director. While I have been a part of this league for a long while now, this is probably the first (series of) staff positions that I have taken. I hope that with this amazing staff team, we can keep this community thriving!
Doomkin, MSCL Manager (Doomkin#1209)
- Hi! I'm Doomkin.
Jack/txh, MSCL Manager (jack#3512)
- I'm txh, but literally everyone calls me Jack. I was originally accepted as a Referee in the MSCL, but I have been with the MCL for a very long time now with multiple staff positions. I was promoted to Manager shortly after my time as a referee and have worked very hard with my team to make some great changes and make a push for activity within the league and its staff team. I am the current MSCL Head of Staff, which means I am in charge of all host and referee stuff while keeping an eye out over all of our staff as well. Shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Moltres, MSCL Manager (Moltres#9473)
- Hello, I'm Moltres, and I've been in the league for around a year and a half now. Like Prium, this is the first real staff position I have taken in a Minecraft league. I am proud of the work the staff team has accomplished over the past few months, such as the removal of soundboosts, and I am confident the staff team will continue to improve the competitive community in the following months. Message me if you have any questions!
Nealott, MSCL Manager (nealott#6621)
- Hi, I'm Neal! I'm an MSCL Manager and the team leader of IGL. The last 3 to 4 months with the new management team have been great. We've done a really good job and our team work keeps on improving with the help of some feedback from our community. I'm really looking forward to working with these guys. I think we've already done a good job but there is definitely more to come to improve the MSCL. Any questions? PM me!
Andrea, MSCL Trial-Manager (andrea#5348)
- Hi I'm Andrea and I'm the MSCL Head Advisor. My job as Head Advisor is to keep track of all the league's advisors and bring motivated community members to the Advisory Board. If you want to know more about our Advisory Board, please feel free to PM me!
OTHER STAFF UPDATES
The rest of our staff team has also undergone a complete revamp from the bottom up. We've got a ton of new Hosts and new Referees, so here is our current list of all MSCL staff:
We haven't forgotten about our Advisory Board. For some background, the Advisory Board consists of notable members in the community who provide input to our management team through a player's perspective. Here's a look at the new board:
To say the least, we've updated a lot of rules and there are a lot more changes to come. For starters, we have implemented a better Discord rule system. The Discord updates include new mute and ban layouts along with a stacked mute system. We have also touched on gameplay rules, some of them including: the frozen lobby rule, a variety of competitive match spectator rules, map coin flip clarifications, and competitive match coaching rules.
As I said before, lots has happened to the MSCL Discord. Here are the main updates:
Team leaders are now able to schedule their competitive games right on the MSCL Discord, so there is no need to make annoying group chats anymore! Team leaders can simply head over to their assigned scheduling chat and alert our management team once their games have been scheduled. Easy peasy!
This channel was created to gather the opinions from our competitive community regarding some possible changes to our league. It will be used to vote on polls which involve changes or updates to our game, along with possible rule updates that we may push out in the future.
The discussion channel goes hand in hand with #survey, allowing the community to argue their points on why they believe a change would be good or bad. This channel is open for chit-chat for a very short duration after a survey has been released, but remains locked for the most part. This is to help keep arguments from flooding #hub, so all opinions regarding a poll idea will be kept in there.
This channel is to feature any scrims, montages, or clips from our community. They must be a public and recent video.
This channel is dedicated to make our league rules more easily accessible. You can find anything here from all the Discord rules to the MSCL rulebook. This is also where majority of our rule changes and updates will be announced.
With our continued use of the Podcrash+ mod (required MSCL mod), the Management team has decided to change a few gameplay aspects with the help of the Podcrash+ developers. The most notable change is the removal of footstep sounds in MS with the use of the Podcrash+ mod. The focus of this change is to lessen the extreme impacts of sound-boosting, as well as to take some steps forward in promoting a more skill-based competitive scene.
The MSCL now has 4 sets of required games before our playoffs. Here are the latest set 4 matchups, all to be played by March 25th, 2018:
FS vs LGBT
IGL vs OBV
NGA vs INV
RWD vs ENL
C6 vs GRR
FMP vs ASK
DST vs TSR
SS vs INL
WANT TO HELP?
Currently, our EU Host applications are open. If you are in the EU region and want to help out, you can apply here: https://forums.mpcleague.com/forums/mscl-host/
Media is important too. I strongly encourage anyone who can stream in good quality, or anyone who enjoys commentating to apply. As a commentator or streamer, you get exclusive perms to view competitive matches, flex your awesome computer, and practice your antisocial speaking skills! If you are interested, you can apply here: https://forums.mpcleague.com/categories/global-applications.48/
With an entirely new management team, the MSCL is headed in a great direction. We are trying our hardest to make this league more active and enjoyable for our players. We have made lots of changes to our rulebook, our league discord, and have revamped our entire staff team. We are looking to enhance community involvement with our league staff and are taking the necessary steps for that ultimate goal of ours as a management team. With all that said, MSCL Season 5 is coming closer to the playoffs, and ultimately closer to the next season- so keep an eye out! Feel free to message me (jack#3512) or any member of our management team if you have further questions.
Have a wonderful rest of your day!